Dwijendralal College | Krishnagar
Provissional Admission
Welcome to NAAC Peer Team Members * Welcome to NAAC Peer Team Members * Welcome to NAAC Peer Team Members * Welcome to NAAC Peer Team Members * Welcome to NAAC Peer Team Members
 

College History

Dwijendralal College
( University of Kalyani )
Sa Vidya Ya Vimuktaye
That alone is knowledge which leads to emancipation
~ College Motto

Dwijendralal College was established in the year 1968, as Krishnagar College of Commerce. It was established as the people around this city wanted a college for commerce education. At the initial stage, it started its operations in the premises of Debnath High School. Later in the year 1970 it acquired its own place at its present location. As a single discipline college it offered only Commerce education over a long time till it is felt by the administration of the college that there is a real scope of diversification in its educational operations, and so in the year 2003 it started to teach the Arts education too.

This college is recognized under section 2(f) and included under section 12 (B) of UGC Act 1956, vide letter number UGC/3511-52L-8 dated 31/03/1993. In the initial stage the college was affiliated to the University of Calcutta. Later, in the year 1999 it got affiliation to the University of Kalyani. In the year 1993 the college was renamed as Dwijendralal College in order to pay its homage to the great poet and freedom-fighter Dwijendralal Roy, and also to reveal the fact that it will act as a multi-discipline college from now on.

From the very beginning to date, the college has passed a long way in its expansion and diversification. A brief account of its diversification by introducing new courses is given below: NAAC for Quality and Excellence in Higher Education

Dwijendralal College | Krishnagar